I have always liked fruits, any kind of fruits, which I would blend together to get my daily energy but, since I discovered I have Candida Overgrowth, I had to give it up as fruits contains a lot of sugars, which feed greatly this bacteria and make it grow.
So, in the last few months, I replaced fruits with tons of vegetable and worked my way to get amazing juices out of them: juicing is, in fact, the best way to incorporate minerals and vitamins in your diet when you don’t manage to eat enough veggies in your daily food routine.
I have put together 3 “pick me up” juices that always work magic on me giving me a boost of energy and nutrients.
1_Lemon, cucumber, kale, spinach
250 gr of kale,
100 gr of spinach leaves
2_Lemon, Apple, parsley, ginger, cucumber
2 medium apples,
20/30 gr of fresh ginger (no powder!)
10/20 gr of fresh parsley
3_Lemon, Apple, Turmeric
20/30 gr of fresh turmeric (no powder!)
3 medium apples
Lemon contains Vitamins C, citric acid, flavonoids, B-complex vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and fiber.
Cucumber helps a lot in flushing out toxins from the body, contains vitamins A, B and C, helps in reducing bad cholesterol, and it is a great source of copper, potassium, biotin and magnesium.
Kale is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A, manganese, and copper. It also contains vitamin B6, fibre, calcium, potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin B2, iron, magnesium vitamin B1, omega-3 fats, phosphorus, protein, folate, and vitamin B3.
Spinach is very high in iron, niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fibre, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese.
Apple is very rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids, and dietary fibre. Also, the phytonutrients and antioxidants may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
Ginger is your best friend when it comes to fighting cold, flu, candida, digestive problems and infections and it is rich in vitamins C, potassium, sodium, iron, protein, fibre.
Parsley is usually used in cooking, often underlooked considered only a nice herbs to decorate plates with but it is indeed a powerful plant! Very high in vitamins K (even more than broccoli!), C and A, folate and iron.
It also contains myristicin, limonene, eugenol, alpha-thujene, apiin, apigenin, crisoeriol, and luteolin which help to prevent and cure cancer and help increase the antioxidant capacity of the blood.
Turmeric is one of the most effective nutritional supplement in existence in nature. It is considered a powerful medical herb very high in curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
But what am I using to create my goodness juices?
Well, I want to clarify that I do not use a blender anymore but a proper juicer that extracts the natural juice out of veggies, root plants and fruits. I am using Essenzia Green Slow Juicer which compresses the fruits and vegetable to get the “heart” out of them.
Why I love it!
- It does not cut, which means you don’t end up having unwanted parts or skin in your glass, the juice comes up clear and liquid, and it doesn’t have blades, which mean is super safe and anyone can use it, plus you don’t have to peel the fruit or the veggies as it separates itself the “good” from the “bad” without leaving anything out.
- It is compact and small for what it does, which means that you can take easily take it with you if you are travelling by car or train
- It is super easy to use and clean. It is formed by literally only 3 removable pieces that lock and unlock quite effortlessly
- You can look through and easily see if anything gets stuck in the auger
- It is BPA, BPS and PVC free and made of Tritan (an ecological material!) which makes it totally safe and eco-friendly! (<3)
- The design is fun!
- It is guaranteed for 5 years
- The price is averagely comparing to other juices on the market, it is a great long-term investment for the health
- It easily extracts the juice from hard leaves vegetables like kale and roots plants like ginger and turmeric
- All the accessories are included!
What I don’t like
- Even though doesn’t overheat, it can stop suddenly stop if you use it for more than 30 minutes or insert too many pieces of fruits and vegetables and too fast
- If you have a family of 3/4 people, can be a challenge to prepare juices for everybody as it is small, probably enough for 2 people
If you are interested in this juicer or any other eco-friendly and allergy free kitchen appliances, you can have a look at SiQuri.com.
Find all the recipes here: Homemade Recipes
Join the FB page:TheHyppoMySelfTheCat Follow me on Instagram:@TheHyppoMySelfTheCat
Photos credit: @thehyppomyselfthecat