If you are on diet or following for any reasons a really strict food regime (like me that I am on the Candida diet right now), you sure know how difficult it is sometimes to find healthy and filling snacks, easy to carry in your bag or backpack and that can be stored ready to be eaten at any time.
If you cannot eat corn but you are missing the pop-corn crunchiness, this chickpeas snack is definitely for you!
What you need:
- 250/500 gr of dry organic chickpeas (the quantity doesn’t really matter as you can save what it is left for another time)
- extra- virgin oil/coconut oil/lemon (as you prefer)
- 1 baking tray
1. Leave the chickpeas to soak in water for 4/5 hours changing often the water. There is no need to peel the chickpeas as the skin gives extra crunchiness!
2. Add salt in the in the baking tray
3. Add the chickpeas and bake them in preheated oven for 45 minutes at 200C. Time may vary depending on the type of oven so make sure not to burn them :)!: when they are golden-brown, they are ready
4. Take them out and add extra- virgin oil or coconut oil or lemon as you prefer
5. Eat them and store what it is left in a recycled glass container
6. Store in your cupboard or carry it with you anywhere!
Find all the recipes here: Homemade Recipes
Join the FB page:TheHyppoMySelfTheCat Follow me on Instagram:@TheHyppoMySelfTheCat
Photos credit: @thehyppomyselfthecat