I am so focused on finding vegan and alternative recipes to try, that I keep forgetting that the simple things are always the best.
I have never been a great cook but if there is something I have learnt very well from my Country, is that you can make amazing food out of 3 or max 4 ingredients and here we are with a simple but delicious pumpkin risotto.
- fresh pumpkin (small or half, enough for 4 people)
- olive oil
- salt (and pepper if you like)
- 1 red onion
- arborio rice
Preparation step by step of the pumpkin risotto
- Pour the equivalent of 2 spoons of oil in a non-stick pan and heat it up at high heat for 30/40 seconds
- Add the onion previously chopped and brown it carefully
- Add pieces of the fresh pumpkin previously cut (fresh pumpkin can be quite hard so be careful not to cut yourself, as I did!), salt and pepper and let it cook for 2 minutes
- Add the equivalent of two cups (tea cups!) of arborio rice (do not use basmati rice!)
- Stir at medium heat and add water as necessary until is cooked
Serve and enjoy it :)!
#vegan #glutenfree #dairyfree
Join the FB page:TheHyppoMySelfTheCat Follow me on Instagram:@TheHyppoMySelfTheCat
Photos credit: @thehyppomyselfthecat Find more Healthy Homemade Recipes