You cannot understand how much I miss pizza, I would usually eat it twice a month but reduced to once every 6/7 months due to my allergies.
Well, one weekend I had this craving I couldn’t resist and have decided to try to make my own yeast free pizza, using potatoes and whole grain flour and only vegetarian ingredients (no ham !).
Did it look like a real pizza? Yes, definitely!
Did it taste like a normal pizza? Mhmh, honestly not but it was very close and I actually liked it!
Was it worth the effort? Absolutely!
If you are curious, follow the recipe below and please let me know what you think, I always look for some sort of feedback and suggestions!
Ingredients (4 people):
- pitted black olives
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes sauce
- 2 mozzarella
- 450 gr of whole grain flour
- 2 medium potatoes
- olive oil
Prepare your vegetarian whole grain pizza in 4 steps:
- The prep of the dough is exactly the same as the whole grain bread: peel and boil the potatoes until they fall apart. Add a pinch of salt, the flour, olive oil and water as need it and work the mix until you obtain a soft and homogeneous ball. Cover it and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Prepare a baking tray and use one of the following methods to avoid the pizza to get stuck at the bottom: a. place a piece of baking paper at the bottom of the tray, b. cover the bottom with a very thin layer of flour, c. spread olive oil all over the tray, being very careful to include the corners.
- Roll the dough and place it in the baking tray trying to make an even layer. Add the tomatoes sauce, the mozzarella previously sliced, a spoon of olive oil and the olives. Cook it for 45 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Pierce the pizza with a toothpick to make sure is cooked (if it is still a bit wet inside, leave in the oven for other 10 minutes), if it is, add the rucola before cutting it.
Serve and enjoy!
#vegetarianpizza #yeastfree #homecooking
Find all my recipes here: What I eat and cook
Photos credit:@thehyppomyselfthecat Find more Healthy Homemade Recipes Join the FB page:TheHyppoMySelfTheCat Follow me on Instagram:@TheHyppoMySelfTheCat