For some reasons there are still people that have got doubts about travelling alone, some of them are scared, some of them think could get bored, some of them constantly need to talk to somebody, some of them think they haven’t got sense of direction, some of them want to share the experiences, some of them think it is dangerous.
There is nothing wrong with any of these but I say that I had the best experiences ever travelling by myself and at least once in a life time you should try. Why?
For these very 10 reasons:
- Your basic needs get satisfied very easily and quickly: you pee when you need to without worrying about another person waiting for you whilst you are at the loo or hold it for hours, you eat when you are hungry, at any time, without having to wait for the other person to get hungry, you sleep when you are tired, even at 8 pm, without having to worry about another person getting bored.
- You don’t have to compromise your space and time. You are free to do anything you want when you want.
- You don’t have to compromise when and what to see. You are free to go and visit anything you want at any time.
- You don’t have to pretend to be interested in the life of anybody, you don’t have to listen to someone else’s crap for the whole day, every day.
- You don’t have to worry about your physical appearance too much, you can just let go, nobody is “judging”…if you want to stay hairy, stay hairy.
- You can read for hours, like no tomorrow, without having to have small talks with anybody just because.
- You can leave your accommodation at any time of the day or of the night without justifying yourself. You just go and come back when you feel like it.
- Your eyes are wide open, your brain keeps moving, your soul keeps learning. The silence becomes your friend, your thoughts your company.
- You can talk only to the people you meet around that you actually find interesting without having to engage conversations with strangers that only your buddy likes.
- You are by yourself, no escaping. There is no better way to get to know yourself than travelling alone.
Follow me on Instagram:@TheHyppoMySelfTheCat